Friday 10 May 2013

The Wild Stallion


Last year, I wrote an ad to sell my 1991 Subaru Brumby. I honestly thought that I'd be lucky to get fifty or so views, but as of today, the combined views between eBay and Gumtree surpassed 200,000.


If I had a dollar for every time someone viewed my ad, I'd have... I can't find my calculator. 


I've had some excellent replies, including: a nude photo and explicit home video from an exhibitionist in QLD, two marriage proposals, numerous copywriting job offers, and perhaps my favourite - someone telling me I should kill myself because I'm not funny. Brilliant.


Thanks to everyone who shared the ad with their mates and to Gumtree for posting it on their Facebook page.


The Brumby sold, but I'm not sure for how much. My team of accountants should finish counting the cash in 12-14 months.


*UPDATE*

Gumtree views = 1.75 million

No idea how many Facebook/Twitter shares


Click below for the ad